South Baltimore Seafood Recipe...
Do-It-Yourself has never tasted so good as with this quick and easy recipe for shrimp creaole, just a bit more "southern" than Maryland - but still an excellent seafood dish. Here's what it takes...
- 1 ½ cups chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp snipped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne red pepper
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 14 16 oz fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Place butter, onion, celery, green peppers and garlic in a large pan and sauté until tender
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the tomato sauce, parsley, salt, cayenne red pepper, and crushed bay leaves.
- Return the pan to heat and reduce the heat to simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add water if necessary.
- Stir in the shrimp and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and cook over med heat for 10-20 minutes.
- It’s done! Now spoon hot rice into a bowl and ladle the Shrimp Creole over the rice.
*Note, please, that seafood and other products are not actually "sold" on this site - SouthBaltimore.com. This resource is provided solely as a convenient tool for our Maryland seafood-loving readers and does not specifically recommend or endorse any particular product(s) or merchant(s). If you do order products after clicking through to a product supplier we may be compensated with a small commission. Don't worry that you may pay more by clicking here - any such commissions are paid by the vendor(s).