South Baltimore Seafood Recipe...
Do-It-Yourself has never tasted so good as with this oyster stew. Oysters are also native to the Chesapeak Bay in Maryland and Virginia - and can be a hearty meal in itself. Ready to cook up a pot for the weekend? Here's what it takes...
- 3 cans milk
- 1 gal whole milk
- 1 pint oysters
- 1 stick butter
- 1 bag oyster crackers
- Place the oysters and their juice in a pot with 1 stick of butter and bring it to a boil.
- Let the oysters and butter boil for 10 minutes then add the milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste then stir.
- Add a cup of chopped celery.
- Add 3 table spoons of diced Shallots.
- Add a pinch of Cayenne Pepper.
- Add all three of the suggested variations!
*Note, please, that seafood and other products are not actually "sold" on this site - SouthBaltimore.com. This resource is provided solely as a convenient tool for our Maryland seafood-loving readers and does not specifically recommend or endorse any particular product(s) or merchant(s). If you do order products after clicking through to a product supplier we may be compensated with a small commission. Don't worry that you may pay more by clicking here - any such commissions are paid by the vendor(s).