South Baltimore Seafood Recipe...
Do-It-Yourself has never tasted so good as with this variation on a recipe for cooking shrimp - grilling insead of steaming. Here's what it takes...
- 1 lb shrimp , shelled and deveined
- 2 -3 cloves of garlic minced or grated
- 3 -4 Anaheim peppers sliced into big chunks (can use a spicer pepper like a poblano or japaleno)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime
- To marinate the shrimp: place shrimp, garlic, and peppers in large bowl. Pour olive oil to coat the shrimp then add salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze a fresh lime over the mixture. Place the coated shrimp in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Warm up the grill.
- Using a grill pan, pour the shrimp, peppers and marinade into pan and cook on medium high (about 350 to 400 degrees) until shrimp are opaque and firm (about 10 to 15 minutes). You will want to turn the shrimp several times as they are cooking.
- Take the shrimp out of the pan and serve with your favorite sides! One great side is grilled corn on the cob.
- You may wish to use ½ cup of water instead of beer.
- Some people like to add a couple of celery stalks chopped into large pieces to the pot. If you choose to do this, add the celery when you add the water, beer, and Old Bay Seasoning.
*Note, please, that seafood and other products are not actually "sold" on this site - SouthBaltimore.com. This resource is provided solely as a convenient tool for our Maryland seafood-loving readers and does not specifically recommend or endorse any particular product(s) or merchant(s). If you do order products after clicking through to a product supplier we may be compensated with a small commission. Don't worry that you may pay more by clicking here - any such commissions are paid by the vendor(s).