It's not Bmore, it's Bawlmer, Hon!
You Know You're From Maryland If You Remember These, Hon...
The longer you have been living in Maryland the more of these you will know--or remember, if you think about it. We found them in one of those pervasive multi-forwarded emails (actually before the popularity of Facebook, where you will likely find a list like this today).
YOU KNOW YOU'RE
FROM MARYLAND WHEN...
- You know how to pronounce 'Towson'
- You remember what the Inner Harbor looked like before it was the Inner Harbor.
- You ate at Haussner's.
- You remember Friendship Airport.
- You remember driving over the old Kent Narrows Draw-Bridge that snarled weekend traffic coming home from the Ocean.
- You love the Domino Sugar sign you can see across the harbor.
- You remember the rotating restaurant on top off the Holiday Inn on Baltimore Street.
- You know Annapolis & Hopkins are national treasures & you get a kick out of hearing them named in movies or TV.
- You know B&O is not body odor.
- That downtown smelled great near McCormicks.
- Every kitchen has a can of Old Bay.
- You refer to your state as "Marilyn."
- You and your Mom shopped at Hutzlers, The Hub, Stewart's, Hoschild Kohn's & The May Company.
- You know where "Downey Ocean" is.
- You remember the Civic Center.
- You know Pam Shriver is from Maryland.
- You know how to eat steamed crabs, but also know how to tell the males from the females.
- You don't think that Assawoman Bay is a strange name.
- M R Ducks makes perfect sense.
- You have fond memories of Memorial Stadium.
- You still root for the Orioles even when they aren't doing well.
- Everybody knows what a "zink" and "payment" are.
- When anywhere else, you can only laugh when you see signs saying "Maryland Crab Cakes!"
- You say "Blare Road" for Bel Air Road
- You remember Jerry Turner and Al Sanders.
- You remember Oprah & Richard Sher together in the a.m. on Ch-13.
- Vince Bagli was "the" sports announcer on TV.
- You remember Mayor Schaeffer swimming with the seals at the National Aquarium.
- You swore Frank Perdue kinda looked like one of his tender chickens.
- You know which bridge they're talking about, when someone says "The bridge traffic is backed up."
- You revere the names of Johnny U, Brooks & Frank!
- You actually understand all of these and pass them on to other Marylanders to enjoy!
Go ahead and share these on Facebook - with your friends - who may - or may not - understand. :)
February 20, 2019