1771 - Chapel built and church organized by former members of the First German Reformed Church.
1774 - Philip William Otterbein began his 39-year pastorate after serving from 1752 as a German Reformed missionary in America.
1785 - Present church erected. Now oldest in continuous use in Baltimore.
1789 - Tower bells from Germany installed, heralding services and national events ever since. Clergy meeting here initiated the United Brethren denomination.
1798 - Congregation incorporated by the Maryland Legislature as the German Evangelical Reformed Church of Howard's Hill, Baltimore.
1811 - Present parsonage erected.
1827 - First German Sunday School in Baltimore opened.
1872 - Present Sunday School building, the Nelker Building, replaced an earlier structure near the tower.
1897 - Niemann Tracker organ installed and furnace replaced stoves.
1946 - Evangelical Church and United Brethren merged.
1968 - United Methodist Church formed by a union between the Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren.
Read the Story of Old Otterbein - CLICK HERE.